DWG specialises in void filling for clients across the UK using Bacel® Hardfoam, which is a unique lightweight industrial engineering grout used for void filling, both above ground and below ground. It’s pre-expanded before placement, and gel time is 10-50 minutes, application dependent.
It will displace residual liquids and neutralise hydro-carbons in pressure filling applications, rendering petrochemical installations safe. The filling can be done in up to 6-metre lifts, with a fill option of 18m in 24 hours. This enables large voids to be filled up to 50m3 per hour with a single pump and up to 100m3 per hour with two sets of pumps.
Our continuous improvement program ensures our clients have the most effective and efficient void-filling services to meet their requirements on every project. We provide solutions to projects of all sizes and complexity.
The Bacel® products we use for void filling are environmentally friendly, and studies show that in areas where these products were used, plant health in the vicinity was not compromised; it was enhanced.
Our experienced teams are able to respond to client needs quickly and provide a non-disruptive solution on time and to budget.
Lightweight with high comparable strength, our Bacel® void fill has a density of 20-70kg per m³ and ultimate compressive strength of 100 – 280 kPa.
- Displaces residual liquids (hydrophobic) during installation
- Can be applied underwater (behind seawalls, etc.) and is not diluted during curing
- Environmentally Neutral, Inert, Solvent Free, Non-toxic, used on SSSI sites
- Non-flammable Classified as “self-extinguishing” safe in public structures
- Good thermal insulation value. Lambda range less than 0.03W/mK (less than Rockwool)
- Ease of removal – can be cut with a handsaw or mechanically removed
- Absorbs Hydro-carbons in preference to H2O
- Vermin proof and resistant to ageing & rotting even under extreme climatological conditions
- All air-driven delivery means the equipment can safely be used in hazardous areas
- Can be recycled for agricultural purposes and can be disposed of in a landfill
- Bacel can also be used for soil improvement for agriculture and horticulture
Applications of Void Fill
- Void filling below or above ground
- Sewer & drain abandonment
- Pressure pipeline & tank filling for abandonment
- Annulus filling for pipe & drain reconstruction
- Disused vent shaft filling
- Mine abandonment
- Micro void filling in granulated soils and loose-fill, dramatically improving SBC (Soil Bearing Capacity), making Bacel® ideal for consolidating loose fill under settled slabs or houses
- Void filling under sunken slabs or floors – Bacel® is the most budget-driven solution available for filling gaps under sunken slabs to re-support them or even lifting them, e.g. Warehouse or factory floors built on weak soils